Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Testing the new Amazon Associates blogger functionality

Amazon just released a widget which allows you to very simply place relevant links in your blog.  It's called the Amazon Product Finder.  I was just reading about Tim Ferriss' Four Hour Work week, so I will see if this works.  It seems like it did.  I just highlighted the text above, and pressed go on the Amazon associates widget to the right, and it came up with a product. 
The only downside was that it wasn't the book, it was an audio cd produced by someone else.
I'm going to try again and just say Four Hour Work week.  This time I got 28 results, but the first was an audio cd and the second and third had no image.  So not as yet impressed. 
I'm gonna try one more time.  4-hour work week.
This time I got the Audio CD.

I don't understand why the search is so crappy because when I did the search on amazon, I got the hardcover, newly released book. 








Let's see what else.  We just got a toy called 20-Q which is an automated 20 questions device.  This actually worked pretty well.  The game is pretty cool.  I thought of "bowling ball" and then the toy asked me 20 questions, and guessed it first try. 

No comments: